Credits

Monday, August 1, 2011

On Fundraisers For Schools

I am quite sure we are all familiar what is global warming. But to those who don't know about it let me give you brief information I got from Wikipedia. Global warming is the continuing rise in the average temperature of Earth's atmosphere and oceans. It is caused by increased concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, resulting from human activities such as deforestation and burning of fossil fuels.

I can still remember the first time I visited the place of my father after many years without communication I have seen a lot of mountains. The trees around the mountain are still visible but on my next visit I noticed that part of the mountain where I saw trees during my first visit were gone instead I saw corn and banana trees instead. No wonder when a typhoon hits the place few years ago a landslide occurred that ruined the roads. I only hope the people around the place learned their lesson and start planting trees so avoid landslide.

Good thing, there are good hearted people and organizations who are doing their best to survive Mother Nature through tree planting. Of course this endeavor is not easy for it needs financial assistance. It's nice to know that some schools are now active to help preserve our planet. Thus, fundraisers for schools are conducted in some private school in the country. Luckily internet technology were invented, we can now promote environmental awareness online and at the same time find an effective way of raising money for a cause.


0 shared thoughts: