Credits

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!!!

Today is Easter Sunday. It is a Christian feast and holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ on the third day after his crucifixion at Calvary as described in the New Testament. Easter is preceded by Lent, a forty-day period of fasting, prayer, and penance. The last week of Lent is called Holy Week, and it contains the days of the Easter Triduum, including Maundy Thursday, commemorating Maundy and the Last Supper, as well as Good Friday, commemorating the crucifixion and death of Jesus. Easter is followed by a fifty-day period called Eastertide or the Easter Season, ending with Pentecost Sunday. The festival is referred to in English by a variety of different names including Easter Day, Easter Sunday, Resurrection Day and Resurrection Sunday.

Source: Wikepedia

Apart from celebrating Easter Sunday nothing seems extra ordinary on this day, for me. The little one has been pleading me that we go with my friends to the beach but because I am hesitant to go I would always answer him with different excuses and alibi. I just hope he will forget about going to the beach today.

On the lighter note, I arrived home with the little one yesterday afternoon from my younger sister’s place. My Mom, nephew and niece are still there enjoying. I am not sure yet if I will allow my Mom to be home early next week because of health reason. Staying with my sister would help here relax a bit. I don’t know if I mentioned it here or in my other blog that she had her check-up last Wednesday. The primary reason for the check-up was her finger nail that was infected when she did our laundry last month. She has been complaining about it and finally I decided to bring her to doctor last Wednesday. I also found out that her blood pressure is way too high that she was given another set of medicine to minimize her BP. Hopefully, she is better next week for her follow-up check-up.

I thank my boyfriend for providing everything we need (financially).


0 shared thoughts: